Establishing a new, disruptive product in an established market. ilke Homes builds fully-customisable, eco-friendly modular homes and needed to educate the market about their product. They wanted a reliable pipeline of qualified leads.
Our research showed there was a knowledge gap within the sector about how modular homes fitted into the supply chain and we had some myths to bust.
New website copy was developed and we created the ultimate ‘how-to’ guide to Modern Methods of Construction (MMC) to guide an audience excited by the opportunities of the product, but perplexed by what it was and the very different way of delivering schemes.
We launched our guide It All Stacks Up, Building Homes Using Volumetric Manufacturing at Housing 2019, the Chartered Institute of Housing’s annual conference. It’s Europe’s largest housing festival attended by 46 of the 50 biggest builders plus representatives of the NHBC, the UK government, funders and architects.
ilke sponsored the MMC ilke tepee stage outside the conference main entrance, making the brand impossible to miss and they also had close involvement with the speaker programme. Providing ‘non-salesy’, educational content and knowledgeable speakers delivered more than a simple exhibition stand ever could at a much lower cost.
- 117,00 people received the four Housing 2019 e-mail campaigns ilke featured in
- A further 66,000 received an Inside Housing newsletter or the MMC 8-pager featuring ilke
- 200 people left their contact details to download the guide from the ilke website in the month after launch
- 470 people picked up hard copies of the guide in the tepee
- 30% of all Housing 2019 visitors said they attended sessions at the MMC tepee
- 46% of recipients opened the follow-up e-mail after the show (industry average is 16%)
- Across LinkedIn and Twitter, campaign posts attracted 100,000 impressions and resulted in a 15% uplift in LinkedIn followers
- Campaign posts on LinkedIn resulted in 2700 clicks, likes, comments and shares
- The business development team held 146 meetings with potential customers across the 3 days, armed with myth-busting, educational material
- Housing Minister James Brokenshire gave the keynote on the ilke stage – and left with an ilke guide under his arm.
- This campaign was shortlisted for Best use of PR in the Chartered Institute of Marketing CIM Award.